JASON CHRISTIAN J. TONGKO
59-E Escanilla St., Concepcion, Malabon City
+02 447 6330 / +63 923 668 1374
To obtain a position in the field of public relations, events and marketing where I can contribute my knowledge and skills to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Gained five years of professional experience in handling public relations, marketing, community development and events management.
- Has the ability to plan, manage and design various public relation and marketing programs and strategies.
- Knowledgeable in graphic designing, video editing, photography, film making, social media and other multimedia platforms that are useful in generating an audience.
- Established networks in the media, government, non-profit organizations and private sectors that have potential to help in organizing projects and promotion of the organization.
Philippine Bible Society, UN Avenue, Manila
Media and Public Relations Officer, September 2012 – October 2013
- Created communication programs and publicity efforts that generated awareness and encouraged the public to read the Bible and support the fundraising projects of the organization.
- Supervised photo/video documentation of PBS events and facilitated distribution of multimedia contents to the media, website and social media accounts of the organization.
- Developed corporate partnerships and fundraising opportunities by co-organizing special events including WOW Basketball game (with PBA Icons), National Bible Week celebration and May They Be One (MTBO) Bible Run 2.
Mariwasa Siam Ceramics, Inc., Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Brand Marketing Officer, December 2011 – July 2012
- Handled brand and marketing activities particularly sales promotions and merchandising efforts for North, Central and South Luzon dealers.
- Updated the official website (www.mariwasa.com) and created the social networking sites of the company (facebook, twitter and youtube).
- Initiated public relation efforts such as press conferences, movie intrusion partnerships with ABSCBN and facilitation of media interviews during the Worldbex Construction Exhibition (March 14-18, 2012).
- Administered the corporate social responsibility of the organization particularly the “SCG Share the Dream” scholarship program that benefited 300 scholars in Metro Manila.
Philippine Red Cross, Bonifacio Drive, Port Area, Manila
Communications Assistant, December 2008 – November 2011
- Assisted the Chairman and Communications Manager in devising and implementing communication programs and strategies.
- Developed and proposed advocacy campaigns for the organization including the PRC’s “I Move. I Give. I Love” inspirational album and “Shop and Share” celebrity auction website during Typhoon Ketsana.
- Handled media relations and maintained good relationship with the media to ensure positive image of the organization to the public.
- Created new concepts for the official website and established social networking sites of the organization.
- Produced AVPs and video documentaries including the two international 2-minuters film entries “Purpose” and “One Blood, One Race” exhibited by Hungarian Red Cross and Singapore Red Cross.
Columbia International Food Products, Inc., Sampaloc, Manila
Field Marketing Supervisor, October 2007 – June 2008
- Handled 12 Field Marketing staff and managed their daily field assignments.
- Performed “below-the-line” marketing activities and special events of the company.
- Improved warehouse conditions of the sample products by setting new standards for better sanitation and management.
Asian Alliance against Global Warming, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Project Officer for EcoYouth Program, January – July 2007
- Conducted public relations and advocacy campaigns to generate awareness about “Global Warming” and “Climate Crisis” especially among the youth.
- Acted as a Creative Director for special events of the organization including Live Earth concert, EcoKids and Ecopportunity events participated majority by the youth.
Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila 2002 – 2006
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Marketing
•Awarded as marketing champion for Alithea Marketing Case competition in 2006.
•Awarded as Photo journalist in the campus and became member for school publication “Business Access Magazine.”
•Conducted special events like symposia, student affairs, sports competitions and fundraising concerts for the campus.
CINEXPO 2011: Anatomy of Filmmaking, ABS-CBN Film Productions, Inc. and SM Cinema
SM Centerstage, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City, (August 18-20, 2011)
Photography workshop, International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC) and Reuters
Philippine Red Cross, National Headquarters, Manila (April 2011)
Film Mentoring Workshop, ABS-CBN Foundation and Dante Mendoza
Mother Ignacia St., Quezon City (August-September 2010)
Media Relations workshop, Amnesty International, Inc.
Mother Ignacia St., Quezon City (February 26-27, 2010)
ICRC IEC Production Workshop, International Committee of the Red Cross – SEA Regional office
Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya, Malaysia (May 16-22, 2009)
Content Management System and Web Training, Philippine Red Cross – IT Office
Philippine Red Cross, National Headquarters, Manila (February 2009)
Professional Awards and Recognition:
Manila Bus Hostage Crisis operation
Excellence and Service Awardee (September 2010)
Shoot-4-Life Film Marathon, Hungarian Red Cross
2nd Place winner for the 2 minuter film “Purpose” (December 2008)
•Computer Literate – PC and MAC programs, OS Windows XP, 7 and 8.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Web Blogging (wordpress)
•Video Editing – Corel Video Studio Pro X5, ULEAD Video Studio (Version 11), Adobe Premiere and After Effects and Sony Vegas Movie Studio (Platinum 10)
•Graphic Designing and Publication – Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) and Corel applications.
Work Reference: http://jason4humanity.wordpress.com/